It’s fall season, so that means apple season! It’s time to go apple picking and make all things apple flavoured. Apple crumbles are one of my favourite apple desserts to make because they are so easy to make. So here is a recipe for the best apple crumble! Enjoy. 🙂
Apple Crumble Recipe
Time: ~ 10 – 20 mins. Prep.
~ 30 – 40 mins. Bake Temp.: 375 degrees c. Yields: 1 large apple crumble Ingredients:
- 7 – 8 peeled apples (I use Cortland)
- 2 tbsp. of lemon juice
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 2 tsp. of cinnamon
- 1 tsp. of ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. of ground ginger
- 2 tbsp. of cornstarch or all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 8 tbsp. of softened butter
- ½ cup of quick oats
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Celsius.
- Wash and peel apples.
- Cut a mixture of thinly sliced apples and some thick ones.
- Add sliced apples to a large bowl.
- Add lemon juice, brown sugar, spices and cornstarch to the bowl and mix together, making sure that all apples are coated.
- In another bowl, add softened butter, brown sugar, flour and oats.
- In an 8 ½ or 9 ½ pie dish, add in your apples and cover with crumble topping.
- Put in the oven for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Best paired with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
By Talia Atallah